Poor posture can cause a range problems including back pain, spinal problems, poor circulation, joint degeneration and rounded shoulders.
Good posture can help relieve back pain and involves training your body to function in positions where the least amount of strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments.
When improving your posture, your osteopath will work with you to determine the cause and decide on a course of treatment.
Poor posture can cause problems including:
- back pain
- spinal problems
- muscle fatigue and strain
- joint degeneration and increased disc problems
- ligament laxity/stretch
- rounded shoulders
- poor circulation.
Osteopaths may improve your posture by:
- improving muscular flexibility in your body
- improving range of joint motion in the spine and extremities
- providing instruction on ‘good’ posture
- advising on ergonomics
- providing exercises to strengthen postural muscles.